Google has seen a lot of changes over the past 17 years, from the range of products to the evolution of their look and feel. However, this doodle is not a special one-day change. This brand new logo is a permanent change.
These changes were made because Google said in a blog-post that, people are interacting with Google product across many different platforms, apps and devices.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olFEpeMwgHk]
Everybody is expecting Google to reach whenever and wherever they need it, so keeping mobile phones in mind and wearable watches in mind, the new logo was unveiled.
The new changes will show you how the tech giant is working. For example, the new colorful mic helps you identify and interact with Google whether you’re talking, tapping or typing. Meanwhile, Google removed the little blue ‘g’ icon and replaced it with a four color “G” that matches the logo.
“This isn’t the first time we’ve changed our look and it probably won’t be the last, but we think today’s update is a great reflection of all the ways Google works for you across Search, Maps, Gmail, Chrome and many others. We think we’ve taken the best of Google (simple, uncluttered, colorful, friendly), and recast it not just for the Google of today, but for the Google of the future,” said Tamar Yehoshua, VP, Product Management & Bobby Nath, Director of User Experience.
The blog-post also revealed that there will be more changes coming soon.
Last month Google saw major changes, Indian-born Sundar Pichai named as new CEO of Google. The search giant as part of a surprise corporate overhaul saw the company forming a new parent company called Alphabet Inc.
Here’s how Google logo(taken from wikimedia) changed over the period since 1997:
- The initial logo was made in 1997:
- Original logo in Baskerville Bold, used from September to October 1998, with a different colour combination from the one in use today.
3. The logo from October 1998 to May 1999, differs from the previous version with an exclamation mark added to the end, an increased shadow, and the colour of the initial G changed from green to blue. The colour sequence is still used today, although with different hues.
- The company logo for ten years and eleven months was used between May 31, 1999 and May 5, 2010.
5. The logo from May 6, 2010 to September 18, 2013, showing a reduced distance of the projected shadow and a change in the second “o” to a different yellow hue.
6. The logo from September 19, 2013 to September 1, 2015, showing flattened lettering and the removal of shadows.
7. The new, sans-serif logo unveiled on September 1, 2015.