Three-Year-Old Sexually Abused, Parents Protest in Bangalore School

The incident of three-year-old girl child studying in a private school, who was allegedly sexually abused on Tuesday in her nursery class, triggers widespread protests from parents who gathered at the campus seeking answers from the authorities of the "International" school on Wednesday.

According to reports, a parent said, "I’m shocked that the incident has happened in this school where the atmosphere was so good, I have come here to know from the management what has happened. I have been to this school, security is good here."

Meanwhile, Police Inspector T.C. Venkatesh told IANS, "We have registered a criminal case late Tuesday on a complaint by the victim’s father that his young daughter was sexually abused in the Orchid International School premises."

The case was registered under sections 4 and 6 of the Pocso Act (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012) and section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the unidentified suspect(s).

According to the complaint, the girl’s mother found her daughter crying and behaving unusual and abnormal when she went to pick her up from the school in the evening.

"The victim had signs of fever and complained to her mother that she was physically abused by someone she did not know or recognize," the complaint by her father Harpreet Singh said.

School officials were not available for comment on the incident due to Diwali holidays from Wednesday till the weekend.

City Police Commissioner M.N. Reddi appointed Assistant Police Commissioner (ACP) Sarah Fatima as the investigating officer to probe the case.

"We are checking the footage of the closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed in the school and questioning its staff and faculty," Venkatesh said.

Reddi visited the school late Tuesday with his Deputy (north) T.R. Suresh and Fatima for spot inspection and questioning the school authorities.

The latest, which is the third such incident of child abuse in a school in Bangalore, has occurred three months after a six-year-old girl student was allegedly raped July 3 in The Vibgyor High school in the eastern suburb by its gymnastic coach and his assistant.

The accused were arrested three weeks after the incident July 29 and remanded to judicial custody pending investigation and filing of the charge-sheet by police.

(With inputs from IANS)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.