Samsung Galaxy Ace phone explodes next to girl while sleeping

An Ontario University student, two months after revealed her strange and mysterious experience with Samsung Galaxy Ace phone that exploded next to her on the bed while she was sleeping.

The incident, though happened in October, came to light now as the girl identified as Hope Casserly said she was awakened at 1.30 a.m. on Oct 22 by a loud popping sound next to her. “My back was to the phone and ah – I saw a light going across my shoulder, which would be the inside of the battery on fire. It hit the wall and fell onto my bed,” she told CBC.


“I realised it was a fire and so I half sat up and put out the fire with my pillow … looked over and realised there was another fire and put that out with my pillow again and a turned on all the lights to see what happened,” Casserly added.

The phone was not charging either and was on the bedside, with its screen facing upwards. When she contacted Samsung, they had sent the phone back to Korea to investigate and replaced her phone with a new one.

“We have provided the customer with a replacement device and will be following up with the customer to resolve the matter,” Samsung was quoted as saying by CBC News.

The company also claimed that the battery in use in the phone was not genuine and urged people to use only genuine batteries. Casserly, however, wants Samsung to pay for her damaged mattress and bedding which cost her just over Canadian $1,000. (IANS)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.