As Thanksgiving Day is nearing, the list of shopping is unlikely to miss buying the game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which is set to be easier to buy. To meet the expectations, the game maker Best Buy is making it easier than ever to purchase the game title of the season.
On November 7 and 8, Best Buy is marking the release of the epic third installment in the Modern Warfare series by opening their doors early at more than 900 locations. Also, Best Buy is partnering with Activision to host 318 “Play it Early” access events within the Magnolia home theater department at select stores across the nation.
On Monday, Nov. 7, from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., the first 200 customers in line at select Best Buy stores will receive a ticket for the “Play it Early” access experience. Eligible participants at the events will get the unique opportunity to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in Best Buy’s Magnolia home theater department which features the latest in high-tech home theater equipment, said the company in a statement.
Players will get the ultimate gaming experience as they play the Modern Warfare 3’s “Special Ops” mode. Following these special access events, at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, November 8, more than 900 Best Buy stores nationwide will open their doors for customers to be among the first to purchase the most anticipated game of the year, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Additionally, Best Buy customers also can easily purchase their premium membership to Call of Duty ELITE in-store, which includes Founders status and monthly Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 downloadable content released over 9 months.
“Best Buy is the one-stop shop for fans of the Modern Warfare series, and we’re thrilled to partner with Activision to offer customers an early access experience available only at Best Buy,” said Chris Homeister, senior vice president and general manager of the home entertainment group at Best Buy. “All season, we’re committed to bringing customers the hottest games for the holidays, matched with an unparalleled shopping experience.”
In addition to the midnight opening and special events, Best Buy is offering its customers the following offers:
* Free Smartphone, Premium Elite Membership Offer -Customers who purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, at Best Buy are eligible to receive a free select HTC smartphone – Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Verizon DROID Incredible 2 by HTC or AT&T HTC Inspire 4G – with Call of Duty Premium Elite membership and a limited edition case. The offer is good at Best Buy stores and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores, requires two-year activation and runs from November 6-12, 2011.
* RewardZone Gamers Club – As part of the ongoing commitment to the RewardZone Gamers Club, members who pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are eligible to receive $100 in rewards certificates as part of the Best Buy “Buy 5 Get $100 program.”
BLACK FRIDAY DEALS:
On Nov. 25, the hottest Black Friday deals will be available even earlier when Best Buy opens its doors at 12 midnight. In more than 20 key markets, the retailer also will host a major cinematic event at its stores at 9 p.m. local time.
“At Best Buy, we’re focused on creating an unparalleled shopping experience for our customers,” said Barry Judge, Best Buy’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer. “Black Friday is just the beginning. This commitment will come to life throughout the holiday season in a variety of offers and initiatives that give customers great values and the most convenient ways to shop for everyone on their list.”
$25,000 Best Buy e-gift card:
Best Buy’s Black Friday experience extends beyond Black Friday this year with a special offer for its Facebook fans: the chance to win from a prize pool of $25,000 worth of e-gift cards. Beginning Sunday, Nov. 20, and running through Monday, Nov. 28, fans will have the chance to win one of 10 e-gift cards daily. As the week progresses, so do the monetary values, on the last day, giving fans the chance to win one of 10 Best Buy e-gift cards valued at $500.
Best Buy’s Offers Season-Long offers:
Best Buy is stocked with the hottest gifts at the best prices this holiday season. Through its expanded offerings, customers can take advantage of a convenient, service-oriented experience both in-store and online aimed at reducing the stress of holiday shopping.
* Free Shipping: From now through Dec. 27, Best Buy said it will offer free standard shipping on all items purchased on BestBuy.com. Unlike some retailers, no minimum purchase will be required and free shipping will apply to the over 400,000 items like computers and accessories, gaming software and hardware sold at BestBuy.com -with no exceptions — for the eight full weeks leading up to and immediately following Christmas Day.
* Same-Day Store Pickup: Customers can order their choice of products on www.bestbuy.com and conveniently pick them up at their local Best Buy store for free in 45 minutes.
* Ship-to-Store: Order items from an expanded online assortment and have them shipped free to a local store for easy pickup.
* Easy Returns: Best Buy is continuing its no restocking fee policy, except for special orders, through the season and all year long. Best Buy also said it has extended its return policy for purchases made this holiday shopping season. Gift purchases can be returned or exchanged from Nov. 13, 2011 through Jan. 24, 2012.
* Price Matching: Best Buy said it will match its retail store competitors on any identical available product for sale between Nov. 13, 2011 through Dec. 24, 2011 (Nov. 24 Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 28 Cyber Monday excluded). Best Buy customers who make a purchase during those dates also will have the peace of mind that, should Best Buy or a local retail store competitor reduce the price prior to Jan. 24, 2012, Best Buy will match the new lower price.
In addition to Best Buy big box locations, Best Buy Mobile specialty stores will also open earlier on Black Friday, said the company.